- To enlighten and enrich the self-worth and self-esteem of Black Americans through genealogical research and interest
- To promote the collection, preservation, and utilization of manuscripts, documents, and other materials of genealogical & historical value.
- To create a network of persons with similar interests.
- To promote & encourage our youth to research their heritage.
- To increase interest in research and to raise the standards of research and compilation by means of workshops and educational programs.
Where is AAHGS?
The Center is located in the rear of Genesis Baptist Church, 2812 E. Bessemer Ave., Greensboro, NC 27405. It is opened on Saturdays by appointment only (Except for Holiday Weekends) from 10 am to 12 noon.
What did AAHGS receive?
- A new website
- Software training to maintain the website
- Set up account with a variety of nonprofit vendors
Value of the Makeover: $6,000.00